Tuesday 2 September 2014

No Phone - A Script for a Video


A PHONE RINGS



JIM: Yes?



BETTIE: Hi, I'm calling from Better Together, to ask if you will vote no.



JIM: Vote no or no vote?



BETTIE: Yes, actually



JIM: Vote Yes?



BETTIE: No, vote no



JIM: Aye, I'll no vote no.



BETTIE [Uncertain]: So, can I take that as a no?



JIM: Who are you, anyways?



BETTIE: I'm Bettie, from Better Together



JIM: Are you that bird off the telly?



BETTIE [Confused]: No, actually. I'm Better from Bettie Together.



JIM: OK, Bettie, what way better?



BETTIE: Lots of ways! We'll keep the pound, for one thing.



JIM: But I have a pound. I might have two. So, what way "better"?



BETTIE: Er, well, we'll all have the pound, so that will be better won't it?



JIM: Better than what?



BETTIE: Better than voting No



JIM: So, my two pounds are better than voting no. Is that what you are saying?



BETTIE: Yes



JIM: Right, that's me decided.



BETTIE: Good. So you'll vote no?



JIM: No



BETTIE: Er, is that a yes?



JIM: Aye



BETTIE: Gosh, wonderful!



JIM: Aye. Bye



PUTS PHONE DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment